Thursday, November 22, 2007

THANKSGIVING


I'm thankful for many things today. That my parents are still on this earth, that my family is relatively healthy overall, that my friends stay close and that Lili's cancer saga may be about over (knock wood).

So, not having a dogsitter of any kind, and still not able to leave the pooch alone, it was just Lili and I for Thanksgiving dinner. It actually worked out well, since my Mom wasn't feeling so good, so I made them dinner and packaged it up for Dad to retrieve. They liked most of it, and given the amount of days I spend actually cooking in a year, I'll take that as a plus.

Lili was a more difficult matter. She wanted pheasant! Pheasant, I said? But she was insistent. So we set her little table with two pheasants, a little Clos du Bois for a dry white on the side, and a candle. She was pretty damn happy, although what you can't see in the photo is the drool on the table since I was holding a treat in my mouth to make her stay still!

PS - the pheasants aren't real.

No comments: