Sunday, October 28, 2007

WORRIED...


This is Lili, my heart. She took over when Max died. She's been through quite a bit in her short, 9 year old life. When I got her, her rear leg was crushed from an accident with her prior owner. She was only 12 weeks old, and they were going to euthanize her. With that face? So we fixed it, with the help of very good orthopedic veterinary surgeon. $ Then the obligatory spay. $ Then she blew out her ACL just like a professional athlete, and we did 'plateau levelling' surgery to fix that. $$ Then, last year, she got nerve sheath cancer on her front leg. $ That tumor was removed, and then came back six months later.$$ Tumor II was removed, and then we started radiation. $$$$ That was an unbelievably hard process, and if I didn't have the support of my family and my friends and the people at work, I think I might have crumbled. She had just about every complication you could think of, and from start to finish, it was a grueling eight months. But she healed.

Lili has the happiest dog personality I've ever met. Despite her furrowed brow in the photo (she mugs for the camera)she dances every day.

And now she has another lump on her leg, just below the radiation site. Regular vet today, oncology vet on Tuesday.

Worried.

St. Francis pray for us.

No comments: