Friday, September 14, 2007

No Wonder My Dad Fell in love with her!


She was just Mom to me and my sibs. The bandager of knees, the listener of woes, the maker of lunches (not to mention breakfasts and dinners). But before us, she was a performer, a wonderful singer, studied at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music, sang on the radio in the 40's, was a local beauty queen, one of the first 'Bond' girls (i.e. "any bonds today" - war bonds that is, not the James variety shaken not stirred.) She gave us the gift of music; singing to us at night - one song per bed per kid. I know all those old songs as a result. Pretty much every one of my sisters and brothers plays an instrument or is a singer. Dad can hum a tune, but my Mom has the gift.


Her theme song from her radio show was "The Song is You". Still true...


I hear music when I look at you
A beautiful theme from every dream I ever knew
Down deep in my heart
I hear it play
I feel it start
then melt away.

... The music is sweet.
The words are true.
The Song is You.

2 comments:

lori said...

my mother - beautiful...

Anonymous said...

And still is.....